Branding your photography is important. If you are good with the camera, you can actually make a living out of it. In the digital world, promoting photography work is easy with a website, and it doesn’t require a big investment. In case you have already figured out how to make a website, we have 9 tips that can help in the process.
- Don’t rely on excessive scrolling. Many web designers like the idea of endless scrolling, that doesn’t always work for photography sites in particular. Instead, focus on having specific categories.
- Go for a minimal template. Every photo tells a story, and you would want the website to be a visual representation of your work. Do not select a template that’s heavy on effects, animation and drama.
- Include a logo. If you don’t have a logo, create one or hire a designer, which won’t cost a fortune. It is much easier to promote a photography site when the logo and branding elements are consistent.
- Add a blog. Just browsing photos would be boring. To add more context to your photography work, make sure that you have a blog. This can also help with SEO, because you can use the right keywords.
- Use WordPress. WordPress remains the best platform for photography sites, primarily because you can use a lot of ready plug-ins and have an interface that makes it easy to manage the website.
- Don’t compromise on hosting. A photography website should load quick, no matter how content heavy. For this, you need a hosting plan. You can start with shared hosting initially and expand accordingly to dedicated plans.
- Make the use of right colors. The purpose of a photography site is important for deciding the template and colors. However, as a rule of thumb, don’t go overboard with too many colors. White background always works well for this niche.
- Add a contact page. Eventually, you want people to appreciate your photography and contact you for work, collaborations, and sponsorship. For that to happen, you need a contact us page. Add a form or leave your email with a small bio.
- Use social media. Your website must have social media buttons, and it is easy to get that done using plug-ins that WordPress offers. This one step can ensure that your photography finds place in trends, provided people enjoy the work.
Check online now to find themes related to photography on WordPress.